Fuzzy Impact Assessment On The Landscape: The Kobold Platform In The Strait Of Messina Case Study
AbstractThis paper introduces a new semi-quantitative method to model a landscape assessment, by using a fuzzy analysis approach. The main aim of this research is to evaluate the landscape impact of the Kobold prototype in the Straits of Messina. The Kobold turbine, patented in 1998, is a prototype used to extract energy from the marine currents utilizing a vertical axis turbine. The site where the plant is positioned is very close to Ganzirri (Italy), on the Straits of Messina, near the Sicilian coast, at a distance of about 150 – 200 m from the shore. The results allow us to state that the measure of the impact landscape has been a huge success. In fact, the fuzzy variable representing the impact is 98% below the tolerance threshold.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Association for Fuzzy-set Management and Economy (SIGEF) in its journal FUZZY ECONOMIC REVIEW.
Volume (Year): XVI (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
kobold prototype; landscape assessment; fuzzy analysis;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- Q21 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aurelio Fernandez).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.