Fuzzy Impact Assessment On The Landscape: The Kobold Platform In The Strait Of Messina Case Study
AbstractThis paper introduces a new semi-quantitative method to model a landscape assessment, by using a fuzzy analysis approach. The main aim of this research is to evaluate the landscape impact of the Kobold prototype in the Straits of Messina. The Kobold turbine, patented in 1998, is a prototype used to extract energy from the marine currents utilizing a vertical axis turbine. The site where the plant is positioned is very close to Ganzirri (Italy), on the Straits of Messina, near the Sicilian coast, at a distance of about 150 – 200 m from the shore. The results allow us to state that the measure of the impact landscape has been a huge success. In fact, the fuzzy variable representing the impact is 98% below the tolerance threshold.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Association for Fuzzy-set Management and Economy (SIGEF) in its journal FUZZY ECONOMIC REVIEW.
Volume (Year): XVI (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
kobold prototype; landscape assessment; fuzzy analysis;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy-Making and Implementation
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- Q21 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Demand and Supply (the Commons)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aurelio Fernandez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.