Advantages Of Using Self-Organizing Maps To Analyse Student Evaluations Of Teaching
AbstractSurveys to evaluate teaching performance are one of the most widely used instruments for assessing teaching capabilities and, consequently, the quality of teaching. Their success is largely due to how they are designed and the way in which they process information. The aim of this paper is to simplify the design of the student evaluations by removing the most correlated items, and to propose that Kohonen’s self-organizing Kohonen maps be used to group teachers in accordance with all the characteristics surveyed. The methodology is applied to the particular case of the Rovira i Virgili University.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Association for Fuzzy-set Management and Economy (SIGEF) in its journal FUZZY ECONOMIC REVIEW.
Volume (Year): XVII (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
surveys to evaluate teaching performance; higher education; kohonen’s self-organizing maps;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
- C45 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Neural Networks and Related Topics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aurelio Fernandez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.