A Model For Pricing An Option With A Fuzzy Payoff
AbstractThis paper sets up a one period model for pricing an option with a fuzzy payoff. The option is written on an underlying asset that has a fuzzy price at the end of the period, modelled by means of triangular fuzzy numbers. The pricing methodology used is the standard one for pricing derivatives, i.e. the so called risk neutral valuation. Combining the standard Binomial Option Pricing Model with a fuzzy representation of the option payoff offers some advantages. First it provides an intuitive way of looking at the future price of an asset. Second it includes the results of the Standard Binomial Model, allowing the market to have different levels of information.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Association for Fuzzy-set Management and Economy (SIGEF) in its journal FUZZY ECONOMIC REVIEW.
Volume (Year): VI (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
Pricing; Options; Fuzzy Sets;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Collan, Mikael, 2004. "Giga-Investments: Modelling the Valuation of Very Large Industrial Real Investments," MPRA Paper 4328, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Collan, Mikael, 2008. "New Method for Real Option Valuation Using Fuzzy Numbers," Working Papers 466, IAMSR, Åbo Akademi.
- Collan, Mikael & Fullér, Robert & József, Mezei, 2008. "A Fuzzy Pay-off Method for Real Option Valuation," MPRA Paper 13601, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aurelio Fernandez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.