Uncertainty Theory Applied to Optimal Selection of Personnel in an Enterprise
AbstractThis paper presents an enriched me-thodology for the selection of personnel in private and public enterprises. The proposed methodology uses the con-cept of distance (Euclidean, Ham-ming’s, Minkowski’s, and Mahalanobis’) as a basis element for decision taking, based on the theory of fuzzy logic. Through those mechanisms we got highly efficient results in terms of the company’s interests in this functional area related to obtaining high impact intellectual assets. Adequate human resources convey high performance for the company and increase profit and place it as market leaders. We present an application case for the proposed methodology
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Association for Fuzzy-set Management and Economy (SIGEF) in its journal FUZZY ECONOMIC REVIEW.
Volume (Year): IX (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
planning; personnel; benchmarking; fuzzy logic; parceling; merchandising; distance; Euclidean; Hamming; Minkowski; Mahalanobis.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M50 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Personnel Economics - - - General
- M51 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Personnel Economics - - - Firm Employment Decisions; Promotions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aurelio Fernandez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.