Shareholder Wealth Effects of Equity Issues in Emerging Markets: Evidence from Rights Offerings in Greece
AbstractThe abnormal returns associated with the announcements of rights issues is positive in Greece, where there is no active secondary market for rights but where stock ownership is concentrated in the hands of a few shareholders and rights issues are large relative to the existing common equity base.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Financial Management Association in its journal Financial Management.
Volume (Year): 25 (1996)
Issue (Month): 3 (Fall)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of South Florida 4202 E. Fowler Ave. COBA #3331 Tampa, FL 33620
Web page: http://www.fma.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Junbo & Wei, K.C. John & Pruitt, Stephen W., 2006. "An analysis of the share price and accounting performance of rights offerings in China," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 49-72, January.
- Kabir, Rezaul, 2003. "Corporate Financing in The Netherlands: Some Empirical Evidence," EIFC - Technology and Finance Working Papers 32, United Nations University, Institute for New Technologies.
- Koenig-Matsoukis, Laure, 2010. "Financial intermediation and the rights offer paradox," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/4430, Paris Dauphine University.
- Madhuri Malhotra & M Thenmozhi & Arun Kumar Gopalaswamy, 2012. "Evidence on Changes in Time Varying Volatility around Bonus and Rights Issue Announcements," Working Papers id:4728, eSocialSciences.
- Nikolaos G. Theriou & Vassilios P. Aggelidis & Dimitrios I. Maditinos & Željko Ševic, 2010. "Testing the relation between beta and returns in the Athens stock exchange," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(12), pages 1043-1056, December.
- Drakos, Konstantinos & Kutan, Ali M., 2001. "Opposites attract: The case of Greek and Turkish financial markets," ZEI Working Papers B 06-2001, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies, University of Bonn.
- Kabir, M.R. & Roosenboom, P.G.J., 2000.
"Can the Stock Market anticipate Future Operating Performance? Evidence from Equity Rights Issues,"
2000-22, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Kabir, Rezaul & Roosenboom, Peter, 2003. "Can the stock market anticipate future operating performance? Evidence from equity rights issues," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 93-113, January.
- Kabir, R. & Roosenboom, P.G.J., 2002. "Can the stock market anticipate future operating performance? Evidence from equity rights issues," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2002-102-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Marsden, Alastair, 2000. "Shareholder wealth effects of rights issues: Evidence from the New Zealand capital market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(3-4), pages 419-442, July.
- Marisetty, Vijaya B. & Marsden, Alastair & Veeraraghavan, Madhu, 2008. "Price reaction to rights issues in the Indian capital market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 316-340, June.
- Adaoglu, Cahit, 2006. "Market reaction to "unsweetened" and "sweetened" rights offerings in an emerging European stock market," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 249-268, July.
- Bozos, Konstantinos & Nikolopoulos, Konstantinos, 2011. "Forecasting the value effect of seasoned equity offering announcements," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 214(2), pages 418-427, October.
- Consuelo Riaño Gil & Francisco Javier Ruiz Cabestre & Rafael Santamaría Aquilué, 2004. "Formación de precios de suscripción en el mercado bursátil español: algunas consideraciones," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 28(1), pages 141-191, January.
- Onur Arugaslan & Louise Miller, 2006. "On the Conditioning of the Financial Market’s Reaction to Seasoned Equity Offerings," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 11(2), pages 141-154, Jul-Dec.
- Malhotra, Madhuri Malhotra & M., Thenmozhi & Gopalaswamy, Arun Kumar, 2012. "Liquidity changes around bonus and rights issue announcements: Evidence from manufacturing and service sectors in India," MPRA Paper 41216, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Madhuri Malhotra & M. Thenmozhi & Arun Kumar Gopalaswamy, 2011. "Evidence on Changes in Time Varying Volatility around Bonus and Rights Issue Announcements," Working Papers 2011-061, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Pastor-Llorca, Maria Jesus & Martin-Ugedo, Juan Francisco, 2004. "Long-run performance of Spanish seasoned equity issues with rights," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 191-215.
- Massimo Massa & Theo Vermaelen & Moqi Xu, 2013. "Rights offerings, trading, and regulation: a global perspective," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 55403, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Courtney Connors) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Courtney Connors to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.