Valuing Finite-Maturity Investment-Timing Options
AbstractThe investment-timing option (ITO) provides the ability to postpone rather than immediately implement or reject a capital budgeting process. It can significantly increase a project's value. A method for computing the value of an ITO for a postponable project with a finite maturing is presented. The effect of time until expiration on hurdle rates and the option to defer or reject the investment are also investigated.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Financial Management Association in its journal Financial Management.
Volume (Year): 26 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2 (Summer)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of South Florida 4202 E. Fowler Ave. COBA #3331 Tampa, FL 33620
Web page: http://www.fma.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giovanni Villani, 2008. "An R&D Investment Game under Uncertainty in Real Option Analysis," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 32(1), pages 199-219, September.
- Schwartz, Eduardo, 1998. "Valuing long-term commodity assets," Journal of Energy Finance & Development, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 85-99.
- Dias, José Carlos & Shackleton, Mark B., 2011. "Hysteresis effects under CIR interest rates," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 211(3), pages 594-600, June.
- Armada, Manuel Rocha & Kryzanowski, Lawrence & Pereira, Paulo Jorge, 2007. "A modified finite-lived American exchange option methodology applied to real options valuation," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 419-438, March.
- Giovanni Villani, 2009. "A Strategic R&D Investment with Flexible Development Time in Real Option Game Analysis," CESifo Working Paper Series 2728, CESifo Group Munich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Courtney Connors) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Courtney Connors to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.