The Long-Term Risks of Global Stock Markets
AbstractThis research investigates the persistence of investment risk across time horizon, a crucial issue in asset allocation decisions. Previous empirical results have focused mainly on US data and suffer from limited sample size in the analysis of long-horizon returns. Investigation of a longterm sample of thirty countries provides additional empirical evidence. The results are not reassuring. There is no evidence of long-term mean reversion in the expanded data sample. Downside risk is not reduced as the horizon lengthens. On the positive side, a globally diversified portfolio would have displayed much less downside risk than any single market.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Financial Management Association in its journal Financial Management.
Volume (Year): 32 (2003)
Issue (Month): 4 (Winter)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of South Florida 4202 E. Fowler Ave. COBA #3331 Tampa, FL 33620
Web page: http://www.fma.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Georges Prat, 2012.
"Equity risk premium and time horizon: what do the U.S. secular data say?,"
12-06, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC).
- Prat, Georges, 2013. "Equity risk premium and time horizon: What do the U.S. secular data say?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 76-88.
- Georges Prat, 2010. "Equity Risk Premium and Time Horizon : What do the U.S. Secular Data Say ?," EconomiX Working Papers 2010-22, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Fernandez, Pablo & Bermejo, Vicente J., 2008. "IBEX 35: 1992-2007 - Rentabilidad y creación de valor," IESE Research Papers D/725, IESE Business School.
- Fernandez, Pablo & Bermejo, Vicente J., 2008. "Las empresas españolas en 2007 (y en el periodo 1993-2007). Rentabilidad y creación de valor," IESE Research Papers D/732, IESE Business School.
- Brunner, Gregory & Hinz, Richard & Rocha, Roberto, 2008. "Risk-based supervision of pension funds : a review of international experience and preliminary assessment of the first outcomes," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4491, The World Bank.
- Florence Legros & Stéphane Hamayon, 2008. "La gestion stratégique d’actifs d’un fonds de réserve face au risque financier," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 7(1), pages 205-217.
- Peter Vlaar, 2005. "Defined Benefit Pension Plans and Regulation," DNB Working Papers 063, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Fernandez, Pablo & Carabias, Jose M., 2007. "Rentabilidad y creación de valor para los accionistas de las empresas españolas y del IBEX 35. 1993-2006," IESE Research Papers D/673, IESE Business School.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Courtney Connors) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Courtney Connors to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.