Failure and Failure Resolution in the US Thrift and Banking Industries
AbstractThe problems that plagued the thrift industry during the 1980s were primarily due to greater macroeconomic uncertainty and to inconsistent public policies. The slow regulatory response to the industry's problems was largely the result of the regulator's unwillingness to face up to the seriousness of these problems until it was too late to avoid hundreds of billions of dollars of losses.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Financial Management Association in its journal Financial Management.
Volume (Year): 28 (1999)
Issue (Month): 4 (Winter)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of South Florida 4202 E. Fowler Ave. COBA #3331 Tampa, FL 33620
Web page: http://www.fma.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Koetter & Tigran Poghosyan & Thomas Kick, 2010.
"Recovery Determinants of Distressed Banks: Regulators, Market Discipline, or the Environment?,"
IMF Working Papers
10/27, International Monetary Fund.
- Kick, Thomas & Koetter, Michael & Poghosyan, Tigran, 2010. "Recovery determinants of distressed banks: Regulators, market discipline, or the environment?," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2010,02, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Loriana Pelizzon & Stephen Schaefer, 2007. "Pillar 1 versus Pillar 2 under Risk Management," NBER Chapters, in: The Risks of Financial Institutions, pages 377-416 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Curry, Timothy J. & Elmer, Peter J. & Fissel, Gary S., 2007. "Equity market data, bank failures and market efficiency," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 59(6), pages 536-559.
- Gupta, Atul & Misra, Lalatendu, 2002. "Regulatory learning in failed thrift auctions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 651-669, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Courtney Connors) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Courtney Connors to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.