Factors affecting the competitiveness of internationally active financial institutions
AbstractThe author identifies the characteristics of banks and securities firms that appear to contribute to competitive success in the international arena. She bases her findings on studies of several bank product markets and a statistical analysis of the performance of fifty-one large financial institutions. Particular attention is given to the ways in which success in individual product markets translates into overall profitability.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of New York in its journal Quarterly Review.
Volume (Year): (1991)
Issue (Month): Spr ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kyriaki Kosmidou & Fotios Pasiouras & Angelos Tsaklanganos, 2005. "Factors influencing the profits and size of Greek banks operating abroad: a pooled time-series study," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 15(10), pages 731-738.
- Sturm, Jan-Egbert & Williams, Barry, 2008. "Characteristics determining the efficiency of foreign banks in Australia," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 2346-2360, November.
- Iryna Aloshyna, 2013. "Competitive Issues In Banking: Theoretical Approaches Overview," EcoForum, "Stefan cel Mare" University of Suceava, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Public Administration - Economy, Business Administration and Tourism Department., vol. 2(1), pages 4, January.
- Gary C. Zimmerman, 1995. "Implementing the single banking market in Europe," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 35-51.
- Sul, Wonsik, 2000. "On the performance of the foreign subsidiaries of Korean banks: are securities investments really profitable?," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 207-222.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Farber).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.