Enhancing the liquidity of U.S. Treasury securities in an era of surpluses
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of New York in its journal Economic Policy Review.
Volume (Year): (2000)
Issue (Month): Apr ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Warga, Arthur, 1992. "Bond Returns, Liquidity, and Missing Data," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(04), pages 605-617, December.
- Kamara, Avraham, 1994. "Liquidity, Taxes, and Short-Term Treasury Yields," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(03), pages 403-417, September.
- Simon, David P., 1991. "Segmentation in the Treasury Bill Market: Evidence from Cash Management Bills," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(01), pages 97-108, March.
- Park, Sang Yong & Reinganum, Marc R., 1986. "The puzzling price behavior of treasury bills that mature at the turn of calendar months," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 267-283, June.
- Duffie, Darrell, 1996. " Special Repo Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(2), pages 493-526, June.
- Edwin J. Elton & T. Clifton Green, 1998. "Tax and Liquidity Effects in Pricing Government Bonds," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(5), pages 1533-1562, October.
- Gay, Gerald D. & Manaster, Steven, 1984. "The quality option implicit in futures contracts," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 353-370, September.
- Tanner, J Ernest & Kochin, Levis A, 1971. "The Determinants of the Difference Between Bid and Ask Prices on Government Bonds," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(4), pages 375-79, October.
- Frank Keane, 1996. "Repo rate patterns for new Treasury notes," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 2(Sep).
- Michael J. Fleming, 2000. "The benchmark U.S. Treasury market: recent performance and possible alternatives," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Apr, pages 129-145.
- Garbade, Kenneth D & Silber, William L, 1983. "Futures Contracts on Commodities with Multiple Varieties: An Analysis of Premiums and Discounts," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56(3), pages 249-72, July.
- Kilcollin, Thomas Eric, 1982. " Difference Systems in Financial Futures Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(5), pages 1183-97, December.
- Lippman, Steven A & McCall, John J, 1986. "An Operational Measure of Liquidity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(1), pages 43-55, March.
- Sarig, Oded & Warga, Arthur, 1989. "Bond Price Data and Bond Market Liquidity," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(03), pages 367-378, September.
- Paul, Allen B. & Kahl, Kandice H. & Tomek, William G., 1981. "Performance of Futures Markets: The Case of Potatoes," Technical Bulletins 157682, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Garbade, Kenneth D & Silber, William L, 1976. "Price Dispersion in the Government Securities Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 721-40, August.
- Kenneth D. Garbade & Matthew Rutherford, 2007. "Buybacks in Treasury cash and debt management," Staff Reports 304, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Fleming, Michael J, 2002.
"Are Larger Treasury Issues More Liquid? Evidence from Bill Reopenings,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 34(3), pages 707-35, August.
- Michael J. Fleming, 2002. "Are larger Treasury issues more liquid? Evidence from bill reopenings," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 707-739.
- Michael J. Fleming, 2002. "Are larger Treasury issues more liquid? Evidence from bill reopenings," Staff Reports 145, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Michael J. Fleming, 2001. "Financial market implications of the federal debt paydown," Staff Reports 120, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Michael J. Fleming, 2003.
"Measuring treasury market liquidity,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Sep, pages 83-108.
- Patricia S. Pollard, 2001. "The creation of the Euro and the role of the dollar in international markets," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 17-36.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Farber).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.