Understanding the Fed
AbstractThis article was originally presented as a speech at the Dyer County Chamber of Commerce Annual Membership Luncheon, Dyersburg, Tennessee, August 31, 2006.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis in its journal Review.
Volume (Year): (2007)
Issue (Month): Jan ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:fip:fedgsq:y:2006:i:feb24 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ben S. Bernanke, 2006. "The benefits of price stability," Speech 171, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- William Poole, 2005. "How predictable is Fed policy?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 659-68.
- Taylor, John B., 1993. "Discretion versus policy rules in practice," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 195-214, December.
- William Poole, 2005. "How predictable is Fed policy?," Speech 91, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Athanasios Orphanides & Volker Wieland, 2008.
"Economic projections and rules of thumb for monetary policy,"
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 307-324.
- Athanasios Orphanides & Volker Wieland, 2008. "Economic Projections and Rules-of-Thumb for Monetary Policy," Discussion Papers 07-035, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Orphanides, Athanasios & Wieland, Volker, 2008. "Economic projections and rules-of-thumb for monetary policy," CFS Working Paper Series 2008/16, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Orphanides, Athanasios & Wieland, Volker, 2008. "Economic Projections and Rules-of-Thumb for Monetary Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 6748, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pierpaolo Benigno & Luigi Paciello, 2010.
"Monetary Policy, Doubts and Asset Prices,"
NBER Working Papers
16386, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pierpaolo Beningo & Luigi Paciello, 2011. "Monetary Policy, Doubts and Asset Prices," 2011 Meeting Papers 857, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Pierpaolo Benigno & Luigi Paciello, 2010. "Monetary Policy, Doubts and Asset Prices," EIEF Working Papers Series 1024, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Sep 2010.
- John B. Taylor, 2007.
"Housing and Monetary Policy,"
NBER Working Papers
13682, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John B. Taylor, 2007. "Housing and monetary policy," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 463-476.
- Wolters, Maik Hendrik, 2010.
"Estimating Monetary Policy Reaction Functions Using Quantile Regressions,"
23857, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wolters, Maik H., 2012. "Estimating monetary policy reaction functions using quantile regressions," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 342-361.
- Erler, Alexander & Krizanac, Damir, 2009.
"Taylor-Regel und Subprime-Krise - Eine empirische Analyse der US-amerikanischen Geldpolitik
[Taylor Rule and the Subprime Crisis - An Empirical Analysis of the US Monetary Policy]," MPRA Paper 18604, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kenneth B. Petersen & Vladimir Pozdnyakov, 2008. "Predicting the Fed," Working papers 2008-07, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Xiao).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.