Regulation, market structure and the bank failures of the Great Depression
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis in its journal Review.
Volume (Year): (1995)
Issue (Month): Mar ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael D. Bordo & John Landon-Lane, 2010. "The Lessons from the Banking Panics in the United States in the 1930s for the Financial Crisis of 2007-2008," NBER Working Papers 16365, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark Carlson & Kris James Mitchener, 2005.
"Branch Banking, Bank Competition, and Financial Stability,"
NBER Working Papers
11291, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carlson, Mark & Mitchener, Kris James, 2006. "Branch Banking, Bank Competition, and Financial Stability," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(5), pages 1293-1328, August.
- Mark Carlson & Kris James Mitchener, 2005. "Branch banking, bank competition, and financial stability," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2005-20, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kris James Mitchener, 2006. "Are Prudential Supervision and Regulation Pillars of Financial Stability? Evidence from the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 12074, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas A. Garrett & David C. Wheelock, 2006.
"Why did income growth vary across states during the Great Depression?,"
2005-013, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Garrett, Thomas A. & Wheelock, David C., 2006. "Why Did Income Growth Vary Across States During the Great Depression?," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 66(02), pages 456-466, June.
- Mark Carlson, 2001.
"Are branch banks better survivors? Evidence from the Depression era,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2001-51, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Mark Carlson, 2004. "Are Branch Banks Better Survivors? Evidence from the Depression Era," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(1), pages 111-126, January.
- Kris James Mitchener, 2004. "Bank Supervision, Regulation, and Instability During the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 10475, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Xiao).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.