Evaluating the efficiency of commercial banks: does our view of what banks do matter?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis in its journal Review.
Volume (Year): (1995)
Issue (Month): Jul ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Berger, Allen N. & Hunter, William C. & Timme, Stephen G., 1993. "The efficiency of financial institutions: A review and preview of research past, present and future," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 221-249, April.
- Doris Neu Berger, 1998. "Industrial Organization of Banking: A Review," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 97-118.
- Jiri Podpiera & Laurent Weill, 2007.
"Bad Luck or Bad Management? Emerging Banking Market Experience,"
2007/5, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Podpiera, Jiri & Weill, Laurent, 2008. "Bad luck or bad management? Emerging banking market experience," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 135-148, June.
- Jirí Podpiera & Laurent Weill, 2008. "Bad luck or bad management? emerging banking market experience," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/14305, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Oxelheim, Lars & Rafferty, Michael, 2004.
"On the Static Efficiency of Secondary Bond Markets,"
Working Paper Series
623, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Oxelheim, Lars & Rafferty, Michael, 2005. "On the static efficiency of secondary bond markets," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 117-135, April.
- Oxelheim, Lars & Rafferty, Michael, 2002. "On the Static Efficiency of Secondary Bond Markets," Working Paper Series 2001/7, Lund University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Rym Ayadi & Georges Pujals, 2005.
"Banking Mergers and Acquisitions in the EU: Overview, Assessment and Prospects,"
Chapters in SUERF Studies,
SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Rym Ayadi & Georges Pujals, 2005. "Banking Mergers and Acquisitions in the EU: Overview, Assessment and Prospects," SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum, number 2005/3 edited by Morten Balling.
- KAMGNA, Severin Yves & DIMOU, Leonnel, 2008.
"Efficacité technique des banques de la CEMAC
[Technical efficiency of the banks of the CEMAC]," MPRA Paper 9603, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Avkiran, Necmi Kemal, 1999. "The evidence on efficiency gains: The role of mergers and the benefits to the public," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 991-1013, July.
- Avkiran, Necmi K., 2006. "Developing foreign bank efficiency models for DEA grounded in finance theory," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 275-296, December.
- Anca Podpiera & Jiri Podpiera, 2005. "Deteriorating Cost Efficiency in Commercial Banks Signals an Increasing Risk of Failure," Working Papers 2005/06, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Saha, Asish & Ravisankar, T. S., 2000. "Rating of Indian commercial banks: A DEA approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 124(1), pages 187-203, July.
- Sathye, Milind, 2003. "Efficiency of banks in a developing economy: The case of India," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 148(3), pages 662-671, August.
- Garden, Kaylee A. & Ralston, Deborah E., 1999. "The x-efficiency and allocative efficiency effects of credit union mergers," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 285-301, August.
- Laurent Weill, 2006. "Propriété étrangère et efficience technique des banques dans les pays en transition. Une analyse par la méthode dea," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 57(5), pages 1093-1108.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Xiao).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.