Can nominal GDP targeting rules stabilize the economy?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis in its journal Review.
Volume (Year): (1993)
Issue (Month): May ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1987. "The case for rules in the conduct of monetary policy: a concrete example," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Sep, pages 10-18.
- Rasche, R.H., 1992.
"Monetary Aggregates, Monetary Policy and Economic Activity,"
9101, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Robert H. Rasche, 1993. "Monetary aggregates, monetary policy and economic activity," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 1-35.
- John P. Judd & Brian Motley, 1992. "Controlling inflation with an interest rate instrument," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 3-22.
- Michael D. Bradley & Dennis W. Jansen, 1989. "Understanding nominal GNP targeting," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 31-40.
- Kim, C-J., 1991.
"Dynamic Linear Models with Markov-Switching,"
91-8, York (Canada) - Department of Economics.
- Taylor, John B., 1985. "What would nominal GNP targetting do to the business cycle?," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 61-84, January.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-91, June.
- Robert J. Barro & David B. Gordon, 1983.
"A Positive Theory of Monetary Policy in a Natural-Rate Model,"
NBER Working Papers
0807, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J & Gordon, David B, 1983. "A Positive Theory of Monetary Policy in a Natural Rate Model," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(4), pages 589-610, August.
- David A. Dickey & Dennis W. Jansen & Daniel L. Thornton, 1991. "A primer on cointegration with an application to money and income," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 58-78.
- William Poole, 1987.
"Monetary Policy Lessons of recent Inflation and Disinflation,"
NBER Working Papers
2300, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Poole, William, 1988. "Monetary Policy Lessons of Recent Inflation and Disinflation," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 73-100, Summer.
- Scott E. Hein & Paul T. W. M. Veugelers, 1983. "Predicting velocity growth: a time series perspective," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Oct, pages 34-43.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1997.
"Issues in the Design of Monetary Policy Rules,"
NBER Working Papers
6016, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael J. Dueker, 1993. "Indicators of monetary policy: the view from implicit feedback rules," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 23-40.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Xiao Xiaohong) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Xiao Xiaohong to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.