What do we know about the long-run real exchange rate?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis in its journal Review.
Volume (Year): (1990)
Issue (Month): Jan ()
Other versions of this item:
- Coughlin, C.C. & Koedijk, C.G., 1990. "What do we know about the long run real exchange rate?," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3108738, Tilburg University.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mathias Hoffmann & Ronald MacDonald, 2003.
"A Re-examination of the Link between Real Exchange Rates and Real Interest Rate Differentials,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
894, CESifo Group Munich.
- Mathias Hoffmann & Ronald MacDonald, 2006. "A Re-examination of the link between Real Exchange Rates and Real Interest Rate Differentials," Working Papers 2007_36, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Hoffmann, M. & MacDonald, R., 2001. "A real differential view of equilibrium real exchange rate," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 0103, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Michael J. Dueker, 1993. "Hypothesis testing with near-unit roots: the case of long-run purchasing-power parity," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 37-48.
- Mylonidis, Nikolaos & Paleologou, Suzanna-Maria, 2011. "The real uncovered interest parity: The case of Canada and the USA," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 255-267, March.
- Robert Sollis & Mark E. Wohar, 2006. "The real exchange rate-real interest rate relation: evidence from tests for symmetric and asymmetric threshold cointegration," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(2), pages 139-153.
- Frédérique Bec & Mélika Ben Salem & Ronald MacDonald, 2006.
"Real exchange rates and real interest rates : a nonlinear perspective,"
Recherches économiques de Louvain,
De Boeck Université, vol. 72(2), pages 177-194.
- Bec, F. & Salem, M.B. & MacDonald, R., 1999. "Real Exchange Rates and Real Interest Rates: a nonlinear Perspective," Papers 99-17, Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor..
- F. Bec & M. Ben Salem & R. MacDonald, 1999. "Real exchange rates and real interest rates : A nonlinear perspective," THEMA Working Papers 99-17, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Frédérique BEC & Mélika BEN SALEM & Ronald MACDONALD, 2006. "Real exchange rates and real interest rates : a nonlinear perspective," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 2006024, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Christopher J. Neely, 1994. "Realignments of target zone exchange systems: what do we know?," Working Papers 1994-020, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- John Sarich, 2006. "What do we know about the real exchange rate? A classical cost of production story," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(4), pages 469-496.
- Edison, Hali J. & Pauls, B. Dianne, 1993.
"A re-assessment of the relationship between real exchange rates and real interest rates: 1974-1990,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 165-187, April.
- Hali J. Edison & B. Dianne Pauls, 1991. "Re-assessment of the relationship between real exchange rates and real interest rates: 1974-1990," International Finance Discussion Papers 408, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Joachim Zietz, 1996. "The relative price of tradables and nontradables and the U.S. trade balance," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 147-160, April.
- Azad, A.S.M. Sohel, 2009. "Random walk and efficiency tests in the Asia-Pacific foreign exchange markets: Evidence from the post-Asian currency crisis data," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 322-338, September.
- Hali J. Edison & William R. Melick, 1992. "Purchasing power parity and uncovered interest rate parity: the United States 1974-1990," International Finance Discussion Papers 425, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Paresh Kumar Narayan & Russell Smyth, 2006. "The dynamic relationship between real exchange rates, real interest rates and foreign exchange reserves: empirical evidence from China," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(9), pages 639-651.
- Li, Kui-Wai & Wong, Douglas K T, 2011. "The Exchange Rate and Interest Rate Differential Relationship: Evidence from Two Financial Crises," MPRA Paper 35297, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- MacDonald, Ronald, 1998. "What determines real exchange rates?: The long and the short of it," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 117-153, June.
- Zhou, Su & Mahdavi, Saeid, 1996. "Simple vs. generalized interest rate and purchasing power parity models of exchange rates," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 197-218.
- Song, Chi-Young, 1997. "The Real Exchange Rate and the Current Account Balance in Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 143-184, June.
- Georgios E. Chortareas & Rebecca L. Driver, 2001. "PPP and the real exchange rate-real interest rate differential puzzle revisited: evidence from non-stationary panel data," Bank of England working papers 138, Bank of England.
- Armando Ibarra, . "Indíce Encadenado de la Tasa de Cambio Real Regional Ponderado por el Comercio de Exportación," Borradores de Economia 122, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Xiao).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.