Credit derivatives: just-in-time provisioning for loan losses
AbstractCredit derivative contracts offer a new route for managing counterparty exposures. This article discusses two formats of these contracts. The contracts have potential for providing portfolio managers with a cost effective, just-in-time source of liquidity.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago in its journal Economic Perspectives.
Volume (Year): (1998)
Issue (Month): Q IV ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: P.O. Box 834, 230 South LaSalle Street, Chicago, Illinois 60690-0834
Web page: http://www.chicagofed.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simon Kwan & Randy O'Toole, 1997. "Recent developments in loan loss provisioning at U.S. commercial banks," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue jul25.
- Diamond, Douglas W, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414, July.
- Smith, Clifford Jr. & Warner, Jerold B., 1979. "On financial contracting : An analysis of bond covenants," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 117-161, June.
- Eli M. Remolona & William Bassett & In Sun Geoum, 1996. "Risk management by structured derivative product companies," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Apr, pages 17-37.
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A. & Rubinstein, Mark, 1979. "Option pricing: A simplified approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 229-263, September.
- Cavallo, Michele & Majnoni, Giovanni, 2001. "Do Banks provision for bad loans in good times? empirical evidence and policy implications," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2619, The World Bank.
- Jacques, Kevin T., 2008. "Capital shocks, bank asset allocation, and the revised Basel Accord," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 79-91.
- Larry D. Wall & Milind M. Shrikhande, 2000. "Managing the risk of loans with basis risk: sell, hedge, or do nothing?," Working Paper 2000-25, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernie Flores).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.