Nominal income targeting with the monetary base as instrument: an evaluation of McCallum's rule
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.) in its journal Proceedings.
Volume (Year): (1993)
Issue (Month): ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1987. "The case for rules in the conduct of monetary policy: a concrete example," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Sep, pages 10-18.
- Mccallum, Bennet T., 1988. "Robustness properties of a rule for monetary policy," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 173-203, January.
- R.W. Hafer & Joseph H. Haslag & Scott E. Hein, 1991. "Evaluating monetary base targeting rules," Research Paper 9104, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- John P. Judd & Brian Motley, 1993. "Using a nominal GDP rule to guide discretionary monetary policy," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 3-11.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1994. "How can monetary policy be improved?," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 38, pages 245-249.
- Feige, Edgar L., 1997. "Revised estimates of the Underground Economy: Implications of US Currency held abroad," MPRA Paper 13805, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dai, Meixing, 2009.
"On the role of money growth targeting under inflation targeting regime,"
13780, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Meixing DAI, 2009. "On the role of money growth targeting under inflation targeting regime," Working Papers of BETA 2009-11, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Dai, Meixing, 2007.
"The design of a ‘two-pillar’ monetary policy strategy,"
14403, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Mar 2009.
- Dai, Meixing, 2009. "The Design of a 'Two-Pillar' Monetary Policy Strategy," Economics Discussion Papers 2009-29, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Estrella, Arturo & Mishkin, Frederic S., 1997.
"Is there a role for monetary aggregates in the conduct of monetary policy?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 279-304, October.
- Arturo Estrella & Frederic S. Mishkin, 1996. "Is There a Role for Monetary Aggregates in the Conduct of Monetary Policy?," NBER Working Papers 5845, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jefferson, Philip N., 2000. "'Home' base and monetary base rules: elementary evidence from the 1980s and 1990s," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 161-180.
- Thornton, Saranna Robinson, 2000. "How do broader monetary aggregates and divisia measures of money perform in McCallum's adaptive monetary rule?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 181-204.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1997.
"Issues in the Design of Monetary Policy Rules,"
NBER Working Papers
6016, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stark, Tom & Croushore, Dean, 1998.
"Evaluating McCallum's Rule When Monetary Policy Matters,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 451-485, July.
- Dean Croushore & Tom Stark, 1996. "Evaluating McCallum's rule when monetary policy matters," Working Papers 96-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Meixing DAI, 2010.
"Financial market imperfections and monetary policy strategy,"
Working Papers of BETA
2010-19, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Dai, Meixing, 2011. "Financial market imperfections and monetary policy strategy," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 2609-2621.
- Michael Dotsey & Christopher Otrok, 1994. "M2 and monetary policy: a critical review of the recent debate," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Win, pages 41-49.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kris Vajs).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.