Have the Fed liquidity facilities had an effect on Libor?
AbstractIn response to turmoil in the interbank lending market, the Federal Reserve inaugurated programs to bolster liquidity beginning in December 2007. Research offers evidence that these liquidity facilities have helped lower the London interbank offered rate, a key market benchmark, significantly from what it otherwise would have been expected to be.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in its journal FRBSF Economic Letter.
Volume (Year): (2009)
Issue (Month): aug10 ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- AÃ¯t-Sahalia, Yacine & Andritzky, Jochen & Jobst, Andreas & Nowak, Sylwia & Tamirisa, Natalia, 2012.
"Market response to policy initiatives during the global financial crisis,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 162-177.
- Yacine Aït-Sahalia & Jochen Andritzky & Andreas Jobst & Sylwia Nowak & Natalia Tamirisa, 2010. "Market Response to Policy Initiatives during the Global Financial Crisis," NBER Working Papers 15809, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Claudio Morana, 2013. "Factor Vector Autoregressive Estimation of Heteroskedastic Persistent and Non Persistent Processes Subject to Structural Breaks: New Insights on the US OIS SPreads Term Structure," Working Papers, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics 233, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2013.
- International Monetary Fund, 2009. "How to Stop a Herd of Running Bears? Market Response to Policy Initiatives During the Global Financial Crisis," IMF Working Papers 09/204, International Monetary Fund.
- Spence Hilton & James McAndrews, 2011. "Challenges and lessons of the Federal Reserve's monetary policy operations during the financial crisis," Chapters, European Central Bank, European Central Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diane Rosenberger).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.