Speculative bubbles and overreaction to technological innovation
AbstractThis Economic Letter examines some historical links between speculative bubbles, technological innovation, and capital misallocation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in its journal FRBSF Economic Letter.
Volume (Year): (2008)
Issue (Month): Jun 20 ()
Other versions of this item:
- Lansing, Kevin, 2009. "Speculative Bubbles and Overreaction to Technological Innovation," Journal of Financial Transformation, Capco Institute, vol. 26, pages 51-54.
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Emmanuel Farhi & Mohamad L. Hammour, 2006.
"Speculative Growth: Hints from the U.S. Economy,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(4), pages 1159-1192, September.
- Eugene N. White, 2004.
"Bubbles and Busts: The 1990s in the Mirror of the 1920s,"
FRU Working Papers
2004/09, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Finance Research Unit.
- Eugene N. White, 2006. "Bubbles and Busts: The 1990s in the Mirror of the 1920s," NBER Working Papers 12138, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kevin J. Lansing, 2007. "Asset price bubbles," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Oct 26.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diane Rosenberger).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.