The Texas industrial production index
AbstractThe Texas Industrial Production Index (TIPI) measures the output of the manufacturing, mining, and utility sectors of the Texas economy. These sectors are of special interest because of their sensitivity to business cycles and because of the size (albeit declining) of the Texas mining sector. The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas has published TIPI since 1958. Revisions are implemented when new data sources are available, when existing data are revised, or when methodological improvements are devised. The most recent major TIPI revision came in the fall of 1988. ; Berger and Long examine TIPI's performance during the volatile 1980s and relate this performance to the broader economic environment in which it took place. They find that the Texas industrial sector has grown more slowly than that of the nation since 1982 and that TIPI clearly depicts the oil-price induced 1986-87 Texas recession. They also find that Texas industrial production was buoyed by the manufacturing sector and hindered by mining, although the effects of two periods of drastic oil price declines spilled over to the manufacturinig sector as well.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas in its journal Economic and Financial Policy Review.
Volume (Year): (1989)
Issue (Month): Nov ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Franklin D. Berger & Keith R. Phillips, 1995. "A new quarterly output measure for Texas," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q III, pages 16-23.
- Stephen K. McNees & Geoffrey M. B. Tootell, 1991. ""Whither New England"?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Jul, pages 11-26.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Delia Rodriguez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.