Banking in transition economies : does efficiency require instability?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland in its journal Proceedings.
Volume (Year): (1998)
Issue (Month): Aug ()
Other versions of this item:
- Gorton, Gary & Winton, Andrew, 1998. "Banking in Transition Economies: Does Efficiency Require Instability?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(3), pages 621-50, August.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Poghosyan, Tigran, 2010. "Re-examining the impact of foreign bank participation on interest margins in emerging markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 390-403, December.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Marton, Katherin, 2000.
"Development and Efficiency of the Banking Sector in a Transitional Economy: Hungarian Experience,"
BOFIT Discussion Papers
7/2000, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Marton, Katherin, 2003. "Development and efficiency of the banking sector in a transitional economy: Hungarian experience," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 2249-2271, December.
- Lawrence J. White, 2000.
"Bank Regulation in the United States: Understanding the Lessons of the 1980s and 1990s,"
00-02, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- White, Lawrence J., 2002. "Bank regulation in the United States: understanding the lessons of the 1980s and 1990s," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 137-154, April.
- Claeys, Sophie & Vander Vennet, Rudi, 2008. "Determinants of bank interest margins in Central and Eastern Europe: A comparison with the West," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 197-216, June.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Wachtel , Paul & Zhou, Mingming, 2006.
"Institutional development, financial deepening and economic growth: Evidence from China,"
BOFIT Discussion Papers
12/2006, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Wachtel, Paul & Zhou, Mingming, 2009. "Institutional development, financial deepening and economic growth: Evidence from China," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 157-170, January.
- Dzmitry Kruk, 2011. "The Impact of Directed Lending on Long-run Growth in Belarus," BEROC Working Paper Series 14, Belarusian Economic Research and Outreach Center (BEROC).
- Admiraal, P-H. & Carree, M.A., 2000. "Competition and Market Dynamics on the Russian Deposits Market," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2000-25-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- S. Claeys & R. Vander Vennet, 2003. "Determinants of bank interest margins in Central and Eastern Europe. Convergence to the West?," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 03/203, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Scholtens, Bert, 2000. "Financial regulation and financial system architecture in Central Europe," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 525-553, April.
- Smith, Bruce D., 2001. "Banks, short-term debt and financial crises: theory, policy implications, and applications A comment," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 73-83, June.
- Carree, Martin A., 2003. "A hazard rate analysis of Russian commercial banks in the period 1994-1997," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 255-269, September.
- Pelikan, Pavel, 1999. "Institutions for the Selection of Entrepreneurs: Implications for Economic Growth and Financial Crises," Working Paper Series 510, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 15 Feb 2000.
- Gleason, Kimberly & McNulty, James E. & Pennathur, Anita K., 2005. "Returns to acquirers of privatizing financial services firms: An international examination," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(8-9), pages 2043-2065, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lee Faulhaber).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.