School reform, school size, and student achievement
AbstractAn estimation of the effect of school size on student achievement, with the results suggesting that market-based school reform could enhance student performance if the reform reduced school size.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland in its journal Economic Review.
Volume (Year): (1990)
Issue (Month): Q II ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Summers, Anita A & Wolfe, Barbara L, 1977. "Do Schools Make a Difference?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(4), pages 639-52, September.
- Meadows, George Richard, 1976. "Taxes, Spending, and Property Values: A Comment and Further Results," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 869-80, August.
- Jones, John T. & Toma, Eugenia F. & Zimmer, Ron W., 2008. "School attendance and district and school size," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 140-148, April.
- Caroline M. Hoxby, 1999. "The Productivity of Schools and Other Local Public Goods Providers," NBER Working Papers 6911, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Caroline Minter Hoxby, 1994.
"Does Competition Among Public Schools Benefit Students and Taxpayers?,"
NBER Working Papers
4979, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Caroline M. Hoxby, 2000. "Does Competition among Public Schools Benefit Students and Taxpayers?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1209-1238, December.
- Anne Aidla & Maaja Vadi, 2006.
"Relationships between organizational culture and performance in Estonian schools with regard to their size and location,"
University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration,
in: National and international aspects of organizational culture, volume 24, chapter 6, pages 147-171
Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Anne Aidla & Maaja Vadi, 2007. "Relationships between Organizational Culture and Performance in Estonian Schools with Regard to Their Size and Location," Baltic Journal of Economics, Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies, vol. 7(1), pages 3-17, July.
- Hoxby, Caroline M., 1999. "The productivity of schools and other local public goods producers," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 1-30, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lee Faulhaber).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.