O impacto dos fatores familiares sobre a defasagem idade-série de crianças no Brasil
AbstractWe study the impacts of family income and parental education on the probability of childrenâs schooling delay using the 1996 PNAD. With the adoption of some hypotheses about the links between generations of children, parents and grandparents, we control for the existence of non observable factors that simultaneously affect the income formation of parents and decisions concerning children schooling (simultaneity bias) or that are transmitted from one generation to another (hereditary bias). We work with three instruments: number of schools by the time parents were children; family factor changes across generations (parents/grandparents); and the 1971 change of the educational system.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil) in its journal Revista Brasileira de Economia.
Volume (Year): 61 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Praia de Botafogo 190, sala 1100, Rio de Janeiro/RJ - CEP: 22253-900
Web page: http://epge.fgv.br
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Danielle Carusi Machado & Gustavo Gonzaga, 2007. "O impacto dos fatores familiares sobre a defasagem idade-série de crianças no Brasil," Textos para discussÃ£o 546, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
- J18 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Public Policy
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marcio Gold Firmo & Rodrigo R. Soares, 2011. "Uma Análise Da Transmissãointergeracional De Capital Humano No Brasil," Anais do XXXVIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 38th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 228, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Núcleo de Computação da EPGE).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.