A Desconcentração Regional do Agronegócio Brasileiro
AbstractThe main goal of this thesis is to analyze the level of development in the Agribusiness of the 5 Brazilian macro regions for the years of 1985, 1990 and 1995; using inter-regional input-output analysis. The results obtained show: a) how the macro regions contribute to the Brazilian Agribusiness and; b) how the Agribusiness is structured inside the regions. The main findings of this work are: a) there was a decrease in the concentration in the Agribusiness and their components (aggregate I, II and III) between 1985 and 1995; with decrease in the share of the region Sudeste of 46% in 1985 to 41,2% in 1995; b) there was a decrease in the share of the Agribusiness in the Brazilian GNP as well as in the regions GRP, between 1985 and 1995, this share for the Brazil was 38,6% in 1985 and 30,4% in 1995; c) the structure of the Agribusiness is particular to every region with different levels of development, mainly when the segments of processing, storage and distribution are considered.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil) in its journal Revista Brasileira de Economia.
Volume (Year): 55 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Praia de Botafogo 190, sala 1100, Rio de Janeiro/RJ - CEP: 22253-900
Web page: http://epge.fgv.br
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Parré, José Luiz & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins, 2001.
"A desconcentração regional do agronegócio brasileiro
[Regional deconcentration of agribusiness]," MPRA Paper 42630, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Núcleo de Computação da EPGE).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.