Finnish banking crisis : can we blame bank management?
AbstractThis paper examines the pricing of bank loans using information on Finnish savings banks' loans from 1987 to 1992. Loan rate premia were affected by many factors, some of which are clearly related to riskiness of the borrower and some are not. The likelihood of delinquent payments is also investigated. The results suggest that there are several factors which were not correctly priced.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Finnish Economic Association in its journal Finnish Economic Papers.
Volume (Year): 7 (1994)
Issue (Month): 1 (Spring)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vicente Salas & Jesús Saurina, 2002. "Credit Risk in Two Institutional Regimes: Spanish Commercial and Savings Banks," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 203-224, December.
- Nakamura, Richard, 2002. "The Big Cleanse: The Japanese Response To The Financial Crisis Of 1990'S Seen From A Nordic Perspective," EIJS Working Paper Series 149, The European Institute of Japanese Studies.
- Jesús Saurina-Salas, 1998. "Determinantes de la morosidad de las cajas de ahorro españolas," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 22(3), pages 393-426, September.
- Santiago Fernández de Lis & Jorge Martínez Pagés & Jesús Saurina, 2000. "Credit Growth, Problem Loans and Credit Risk Provisioning in Spain," Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers 0018, Banco de Espa�a.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Editorial Secretary).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.