Towards a Sustainable University – The Ca’ Foscari Experience
AbstractEducation of present and future generations is the mission of Universities: and sustainability is a core issue to be tackled in this perspective. This is the key message of the book "Towards a Sustainable University" , which aims at analysing the role of universities in the creation and spread of knowledge, and the educational and behavioral models of all the stakeholders, supporting the pursuit of this new paradigm. The path towards sustainability needs first of all a deep cultural change, starting with the education of responsible citizens: this is an essential step, without which it would not be possible to overcome the weaknesses of the present development model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei in its journal Review of Environment, Energy and Economics.
Volume (Year): (2013)
Issue (Month): (December)
Education; Sustainable University;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- Q59 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Other
- Y30 - Miscellaneous Categories - - Book Reviews - - - Book Reviews
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (barbara racah).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.