Monetary Policy Efficiency in the Economies of Central Asia
AbstractThis study examines monetary policy efficiency in Central Asia by investigating the monetary transmission mechanism in the region’s economies. To examine monetary policy efficiency, it is necessary to take into account factors that might impede the transmission, such as high levels of dollarization, weak financial sectors, underdeveloped capital markets, and low monetization of economies. Empirical findings confirm the importance of exchange rate pass-through in transition economies with high dollarization. The findings also provide an empirical case for deepening the local financial sectors to improve the efficiency of monetary policy and to improve resilience to external and other shocks.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences in its journal Finance a uver - Czech Journal of Economics and Finance.
Volume (Year): 58 (2008)
Issue (Month): 11-12 (December)
monetary policy; dollarization; transmission mechanisms; interest rate channel; exchange rate pass-through; bank lending channel;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- O23 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Fiscal and Monetary Policy in Development
- P2 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jamilov, Rustam, 2012. "Channels of Monetary Transmission in the CIS," MPRA Paper 39568, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lenka Herrmannova).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.