Le scelte di pensionamento in Italia: un'applicazione (ed estensione) del modello Option Value
AbstractLe scelte di pensionamento in Italia: un'applicazione (ed estensione) del modello Option Value (di Luca Spataro) - ABSTARCT: Using the Bank of Italy Survey on the Budget of Italian Households, we adopt the "Option Value" framework to estimate the determinants of retirement choices of the Italian male employees. We find that the model improves the likelihood of the estimations if compared with some Probit models. However, evidence of a "puzzle" involving excess of retirement at age 60 is produced as well. The results suggest that Italians are relatively more risk averse, more patient and more "leisure adamants" than American workers. Finally, a theoretical extension is presented whereby we can obtain a prediction of the retirement age expectations: some tests carried out over the actual and the predicted distributions of the expected retirement ages show that the extended-model fitting improves when older individuals are progressively selected, leading to the conclusion that the decision of retiring is probably "rationally" assessed and taken only after a certain age. JEL Classification: J26, D84
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by FrancoAngeli Editore in its journal STUDI ECONOMICI.
Volume (Year): 2000/72 (2000)
Issue (Month): 72 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.francoangeli.it/riviste/sommario.asp?IDRivista=59
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
- D84 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Expectations; Speculations
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luca Spataro, 2002.
"New Tools in Micromodeling Retirement Decisions: Overview and Applications to the Italian Case,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2002
109, Society for Computational Economics.
- Luca Spataro, 2002. "New Tools in Micromodeling Retirement Decisions: Overview and Applications to the Italian Case," CeRP Working Papers 28, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- Fabio Pammolli & Nicola Carmine Salerno, 2004. "Regole pensionistiche e prolungamento dell'attività: analisi del TIR e effetti del cumulo lavoro-pensione," Working Papers 07-2004, Competitività Regole Mecati (CERM).
- Agar Brugiavini & Franco Peracchi, 2004. "Micro-Modeling of Retirement Behavior in Italy," NBER Chapters, in: Social Security Programs and Retirement around the World: Micro-Estimation, pages 345-398 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luca Spataro, . "Social Security And Retirement Decisions In Italy," Discussion Papers 2003/1, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angelo Ventriglia).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.