Qualità alimentare e competitività di sistema
AbstractFood quality and competitive system The changes in the competitive scenario which agribusiness companies must deal with have determined the transition to an economic model in which the territory assumes an increasingly more important role. The objective of this work is to contribute to the broad debate on sustainable competitive development in a local key, to understand what could be the possible repositioning strategies for the agribusiness sector. This study, starting with the traditional determinants that, according to Porter, differentiate the competitive advantage of a country/territory system, aims to identify "particular" variables which will allow the focalization on a "sustainable" competitiveness in a territory. Furthermore, given the centrality of agribusiness in a strategy of competitive sustainable development, the most significant elements that characterize the baseline scenario are presented and possible strategic options for the sector are analyzed. Finally, a possible strategy is proposed for the overall development of agribusiness to enable this sector to contribute to a sustainable competitive development orientated on a "quality of system" approach.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by FrancoAngeli Editore in its journal ECONOMIA AGRO-ALIMENTARE.
Volume (Year): 12 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.francoangeli.it/riviste/sommario.asp?IDRivista=87
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
- D18 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Protection
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marchini, Andrea & Diotallevi, Francesco & Fioriti, Linda, 2012.
"The analysis of competitive interdependencies through Social Network Analysis: the case study of extra-virgin olive oil,"
40411, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marchini, Andrea & Diotallevi, Francesco & Fioriti, Linda, 2011. "The analysis of competitive interdependencies through “Social Network Analysis”: the case study of extra-virgin olive oil," MPRA Paper 41468, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angelo Ventriglia).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.