Tengri on Mars
AbstractWhat would happen if every individual knew what to do, and did, without prompting or expecting a reward? Is that not what the authors of Republic and Utopia had in mind? Is that not the primary justification of theocracies? The immediate objection to that postulate is that human nature is not suitable for team activities at all times. There is such a conception as individualism and that is the quality abetting creativity that marks humanism. Besides, the definition of human rights guarantees freedom of choice not to cooperate if one chooses against it.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Entelequia y Grupo Eumed.net (Universidad de Málaga) in its journal Entelequia. Revista Interdisciplinar.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): 11 (Spring)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.eumed.net/entelequia/
Religion; Tengri; governance; Republic; Utopia; Mars;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B19 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Other
- N33 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N35 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Asia including Middle East
- P19 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Other
- P59 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Other
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisette Villamizar).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.