Education System, Labour Market and Education System Graduates Employment in Romania
AbstractThe objective of our paper is to highlight and analyse certain aspects related to the education system, labour market and education system graduates employment in Romania. It starts by pointing out the importance of education and some of the transformations the Romanian education system has undertaken after 1989 and during the process of passage to the Bologna system. It then focuses on the Romanian labour market and education system graduates employment. We conclude that the education system, the economic system and the labour market in Romania after 1989 have been very different from the communist regime period and that, during the 2006-2010 period, the Romanian education system graduates employment registered a continuous decrease.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by European Research Studies Journal in its journal European Research Studies Journal.
Volume (Year): XV (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.ersj.eu/
Education; Labour Market; Employment; Education System Graduates Employment; Market Economy; Knowledge Society;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education and Research Institutions
- I25 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Economic Development
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies - - - General
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Adina Popovici (Bărbulescu), 2011. "Human Capital and Higher Education in Romania in the Last Years," Annals of the University of Petrosani, Economics, University of Petrosani, Romania, vol. 11(1), pages 207-214.
- Emilia Herman, 2010. "Inflation And Unemployment In The Romanian Economy," Annals of the University of Petrosani, Economics, University of Petrosani, Romania, vol. 10(2), pages 157-170.
- Emilia HERMAN, 2012. "The Influence of the Economic Growth Process on Romanian Employment," Economics and Applied Informatics, "Dunarea de Jos" University of Galati, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 1, pages 5-12.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eleni Giannakopoulou).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.