Consumo y decisiones de portafolio en ambientes estocásticos: un marco teórico unificador
AbstractThis paper is aimed to provide a consistent theoretical framework for the decision making process of a consumer-investor in an environment of risk and uncertainty with constant volatility. In this research, the Wiener and Poisson processes play an essential role in modeling market risk and uncertainty in economic policy. In this context different models of partial equilibrium that characterize consumption and proportions of wealth that a rational consumer allocates to the distinct assets available in the financial markets (domestic and foreign) are systematically examined.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Facultad de Economia in its journal Ensayos Revista de Economia.
Volume (Year): XXVIII (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Avenida Lazaro Cardenas 4600 Ote., Fraccionamiento Residencial Las Torres, C.P. 64930. Monterrey, Nuevo Leon. México.
Phone: +52 (81) 8329 4150
Fax: +52 (81) 8342 2897
Web page: http://www.economia.uanl.mx
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice and Growth - - - Intertemporal Consumer Choice; Life Cycle Models and Saving
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Penati, Alessandro & Pennacchi, George, 1989.
"Optimal portfolio choice and the collapse of a fixed-exchange rate regime,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(1-2), pages 1-24, August.
- Alessandro Penati & George Pennacchi, . "Optimal Portfolio Choice and the Collapse of a Fixed-Exchange Rate Regime," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 25-86, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Sergio T. Rebelo, 1992.
"Long Run Policy Analysis and Long Run Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
3325, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1975. "The Demand for Index Bonds," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(3), pages 509-34, June.
- repec:nbr:nberre:0126 is not listed on IDEAS
- Calvo, Guillermo A., 1983. "Staggered prices in a utility-maximizing framework," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 383-398, September.
- Nielsen, Lars Tyge, 1999. "Pricing and Hedging of Derivative Securities," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198776192.
- Venegas-Martinez, Francisco, 2006. "Stochastic temporary stabilization: Undiversifiable devaluation and income risks," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 157-173, January.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Grinols, Earl L. & Turnovsky, Stephen J., 1994. "Exchange rate determination and asset prices in a stochastic small open economy," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1-2), pages 75-97, February.
- Francisco Venegas-Martínez, 2005. "Bayesian Inference, Prior Information On Volatility, And Option Pricing: A Maximum Entropy Approach," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 8(01), pages 1-12.
- Taylor, John B, 1980.
"Aggregate Dynamics and Staggered Contracts,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Dothan, L. Uri, 1978. "On the term structure of interest rates," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 59-69, March.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "An Intertemporal General Equilibrium Model of Asset Prices," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 363-84, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dora María Vega Facio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.