Dinamiche innovative, partecipazione e risultati d’impresa in un sistema locale di produzione
AbstractThe aim of the paper is to discuss work organization characteristics and models of human resource management adopted in firms with different employee involvement practices, industrial relations, and firm performances. The paper presents the main results of a research on a representative set of manufacturing firms localized in the Italian province of Reggio Emilia, in Emilia-Romagna. In accordance with the recent theoretical and empirical literature on organizational changes at the firm level - which distinguishes between different typologies of firm organization, “ford-taylorist” vs. “learning organization” -, our empirical findings identify techno-organizational changes, adoption of best work practices, and co-operative industrial relations as strategic factors for superior firm performances.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Le edizioni del Mulino in its journal Economia Politica.
Volume (Year): XXII (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.economia-politica.it/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
- O30 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- R1 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Casadio Piero, 2010.
"Contrattazione aziendale integrativa e differenziali salariali territoriali: informazioni dall'Indagine sulle imprese della Banca d'Italia,"
Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 241-292.
- Piero, Casadio, 2010. "Contrattazione aziendale integrativa e differenziali salariali territoriali: informazioni dall'indagine sulle imprese della Banca d'Italia," MPRA Paper 29384, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Staff - Le edizioni del Mulino).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.