Tiempo efectivo de salida de la pobreza
AbstractWe develop a methodology to estimate the actual exit time from poverty and the minimum necessary growth rate to eradicate it in a pre-determined period of time without assuming distributionally neutral income growth. We compare the exit time for the average poor (Kanbur, 1987) and the average exit time (Morduch, 1998) with the actual exit time in terms of their sensitivity to the distribution of income below the poverty line. The methodology is applied to rural areas in Mexico.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos in its journal Estudios Económicos.
Volume (Year): - (2009)
Issue (Month): Special issue ()
poverty measurement; actual exit time; minimum necessary growth rate.;
Other versions of this item:
- Juan Carlos Chavez-Martín del Campo, 2006. "Tiempo Efectivo de Salida de la Pobreza," Department of Economics and Finance Working Papers EC200601, Universidad de Guanajuato, Department of Economics and Finance.
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Oscar Javier Cárdenas Rodríguez & Francisco Javier Luna López, 2006. "Estimación del tiempo de salida de la pobreza: Una aplicación a los diez municipios más marginados de México," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 21(1), pages 45-54.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Morduch, Jonathan, 1998. "Poverty, economic growth, and average exit time," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 385-390, June.
- Sen, Amartya K, 1976. "Poverty: An Ordinal Approach to Measurement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 219-31, March.
- Zheng, Buhong, 1997. " Aggregate Poverty Measures," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(2), pages 123-62, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rocío Contreras).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.