Poverty and inequality mapping in the Commonwealth of Dominica
AbstractPoverty and inequality maps - spatial descriptions of the distribution of poverty and inequality - are most useful to policy-makers and researchers when they are finely disaggregated, that is when they want to represent small geographic units, such as cities, municipalities, districts or other administrative partitions of a country. In order to produce poverty and inequality maps, living standard surveys covering income or consumption are econometrically combined with data from censuses or other sample surveys large enough to allow disaggregation of the poverty and inequality estimates.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos in its journal Estudios Económicos.
Volume (Year): - (2009)
Issue (Month): Special issue ()
poverty mapping; transfer schemes; Commonwealth of Dominica;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Elbers, Chris & Lanjouw, Peter & Leite, Phillippe George, 2008. "Brazil within Brazil : testing the poverty map methodology in Minas Gerais," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4513, The World Bank.
- repec:pri:indrel:998 is not listed on IDEAS
- Glewwe, Paul, 1992. "Targeting assistance to the poor : Efficient allocation of transfers when household income is not observed," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 297-321, April.
- Isabel Molina & J.N.K. Rao, 2009. "Small area estimation on poverty indicators," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws091505, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rocío Contreras).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.