Research on corporate social responsibility and disclosure in Portugal
AbstractPurpose – This descriptive paper seeks to explore the role of Portuguese academics within corporate social responsibility and disclosure (CSR&D) research. It aims to give some insight into the nature and the extent of research on CSR&D being undertaken by Portuguese authors. Design/methodology/approach – This review specifically targeted international journals to see how much Portuguese research had penetrated the international business, management and accounting (BMA) academic discourse. The research that is reported in this paper is based on an electronic search of the online databases which include journals in these areas. The paper reviews journal articles published in BMA journals over the period 1998 to 2008. Findings – The paper reaches several conclusions: the volume of published research in international journals is still very low; most papers focus on CSR; research is overwhelmingly empirical in orientation; and most papers focus on Portugal. Hence, there is great scope for expanding the amount of research on CSR&D in Portugal, as well as improving the diversity of its content and its geographical coverage. Research limitations/implications – The paper is not expected to be a complete study, but rather a stimulus for future research. It is intended to provide a basis for comparison with further studies on CSR&D research in Portugal with studies from other geographical areas. Originality/value – The paper provides the first survey on CSR&D research in Portugal. It also provides the first opportunity to reflect on the current state of these still emerging academic fields.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Emerald Group Publishing in its journal Social Responsibility Journal.
Volume (Year): 7 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.emeraldinsight.com
Postal: Emerald Group Publishing, Howard House, Wagon Lane, Bingley, BD16 1WA, UK
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cunha, Miguel Pina e & Rego, Armenio & Cunha, Joao Vieira da, 2007. "Ecocentric Management: An Update," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp516, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Rego, Arménio & Cunha, Miguel Pina e, 2008. "Authentizotic climates and employee happiness: Pathways to individual performance?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(7), pages 739-752, July.
- Manuel Branco & Lúcia Rodrigues, 2008. "Factors Influencing Social Responsibility Disclosure by Portuguese Companies," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 83(4), pages 685-701, December.
- Conceição Soares, 2008. "Corporate Legal Responsibility: A Levinasian Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 81(3), pages 545-553, September.
- Manuel Branco & LÃºcia Rodrigues, 2006. "Corporate Social Responsibility and Resource-Based Perspectives," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 69(2), pages 111-132, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Harris).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.