The Entrepreneur in Theory and Practice
AbstractThe entrepreneur, in one form or another, has been around a long time in both economic theory and empirical studies of entry. Argues that these traditions have exhibited an over-concern with the entrepreneur's function at the expense of the supply of entrepreneurs, an area which has received only sporadic attention in the literature. It is this supply aspect which is critical to economic development and economists should now devote more attention to it.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Emerald Group Publishing in its journal Journal of Economic Studies.
Volume (Year): 21 (1994)
Issue (Month): 6 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.emeraldinsight.com
Postal: Emerald Group Publishing, Howard House, Wagon Lane, Bingley, BD16 1WA, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- CalÃ¡, Carla Daniela & Arauzo Carod, Josep Maria & ManjÃ³n AntolÃn, Miguel C., 2012.
"Regional Determinants of Firm Entry in a Developing Country,"
2072/203159, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- CalÃ¡, Carla Daniela & ManjÃ³n AntolÃn, Miguel C. & Arauzo Carod, Josep Maria, 2014. "Regional determinants of firm entry in a developing country," Working Papers 2072/238220, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- CalÃ¡, Carla Daniela & Arauzo-Carod, Josep-Maria & ManjÃ³n-AntolÃn, Miguel, 2012. "Regional determinants of firm entry in a developing country," NÃ¼lan. Deposited Documents, Centro de DocumentaciÃ³n, Facultad de Ciencias EconÃ³micas y Sociales, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata 1626, Centro de DocumentaciÃ³n, Facultad de Ciencias EconÃ³micas y Sociales, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata.
- Philipp Koellinger, 2008.
"Why are some entrepreneurs more innovative than others?,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 21-37, June.
- Koellinger, Ph.D., 2007. "Why Are Some Entrepreneurs More Innovative Than Others?," ERIM Report Series Research in Management, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasm ERS-2007-024-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Rueda Sampedro, InÃ©s & FernÃ¡ndez-Laviada, Ana & Herrero Crespo, Ãngel, 2013. "Applying the Theory of Reasoned Action to Entrepreneurship within a University Setting," Investigaciones Regionales, AsociaciÃ³n EspaÃ±ola de Ciencia Regional, AsociaciÃ³n EspaÃ±ola de Ciencia Regional, issue 26, pages 141-158.
- Najah Attig & Narjess Boubakri & Sadok El Ghoul & Omrane Guedham, . "International Diversification and Corporate Social Responsibility," Finance Working Papers 12-11/2013, School of Business Administration, American University of Sharjah.
- Johan Wiklund & Holger Patzelt & Dean Shepherd, 2009. "Building an integrative model of small business growth," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 351-374, April.
- Rueda Sampedro, InÃ©s & FernÃ¡ndez-Laviada , Ana & Herrero Crespo, Ãngel, 2013. "AplicaciÃ³n de la teorÃa de la acciÃ³n razonada al Ã¡mbito emprendedor en un contexto universitario," Investigaciones Regionales, AsociaciÃ³n EspaÃ±ola de Ciencia Regional, AsociaciÃ³n EspaÃ±ola de Ciencia Regional, issue 26, pages 141-158.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.