Cointegration: An Introduction to the Literature
AbstractAn overview of the cointegration approach to econometric specification and estimation is provided. A non-technical approach is adopted, and is intended to serve as an entry into this important new literature for the reader with no background knowledge of the subject but with some limited knowledge of econometrics. Particular emphases are given to the rationale for using cointegration techniques in the estimation of economic relationships, to providing intuitive explanations of the concepts and techniques, and to demonstrating their applications in practice. Reference is made throughout to other articles which explain particular methods or recent developments more formally and fully than is possible here. Finally, a simple application of cointegration techniques to the estimation of the consumption function is provided.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Emerald Group Publishing in its journal Journal of Economic Studies.
Volume (Year): 18 (1991)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.emeraldinsight.com
Postal: Emerald Group Publishing, Howard House, Wagon Lane, Bingley, BD16 1WA, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ashfaque H. Khan, 1994. "Financial Liberalisation and the Demand for Money in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 33(4), pages 997-1010.
- Ali F. Darrat & Khaled Elkhal & Sam R. Hakim, 2000. "On the Integration of Emerging Stock Markets in the Middle East," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 25(2), pages 119-129, December.
- Tang, Chor Foon, 2011. "Temporal Granger causality and the dynamics examination on the tourism-growth nexus in Malaysia," MPRA Paper 29237, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wai Ching Poon, 2010. "Testing Transmission Mechanisms on Economic Growth in Malaysia," Monash Economics Working Papers 26-10, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Alif Darrat, 1999. "Are Financial Deepening and Economic Growth Causally Related? Another Look at the Evidence," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 19-35.
- Love, Jim & Chandra, Ramesh, 2005. "Testing export-led growth in Bangladesh in a multivarate VAR framework," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 1155-1168, January.
- Peter M. Jackson & Meryem Duygun Fethi & Sami Fethi, . "Cointegration, Causality and Wagner's Law: A test for Northern Cyprus, 1977-1996," Discussion Papers in Public Sector Economics 99/2, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Dierk Herzer, 2010. "Outward FDI and economic growth," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(5), pages 476-494, September.
- Tang, Chor-Foon & Lau, Evan, 2011. "The Behaviour of Disaggregated Public Expenditures and Income in Malaysia," Review of Applied Economics, Review of Applied Economics, vol. 7(1-2).
- Tang, Chor Foon, 2008. "Is inflation always a monetary phenomenon in Malaysia?," MPRA Paper 19778, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Erdal Karagol, 2002. "The Causality Analysis of External Debt Service and GNP : The Case of Turkey," Central Bank Review, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, vol. 2(1), pages 39-64.
- repec:ese:iserwp:2000-30 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alexakis, Christos & Niarchos, Nikitas & Patra, Theopfano & Poshakwale, Sunil, 2005. "The dynamics between stock returns and mutual fund flows: empirical evidence from the Greek market," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 559-569.
- Eduardo Morales-Ramos, 2002. "Defence R&D expenditure: The crowding-out hypothesis," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(5), pages 365-383.
- Olienyk, John P. & Schwebach, Robert G. & Kenton Zumwalt, J., 1999. "WEBS, SPDRs, and country funds: an analysis of international cointegration," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 9(3-4), pages 217-232, November.
- A. F. Darrat & M. K. Hsu & M. Zhong, 2000. "Testing export exogeneity in Taiwan: further evidence," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(9), pages 563-567.
- Tan, Bee Wah & Tang, Chor Foon, 2011. "The dynamic relationship between private domestic investment, the user cost of capital, and economic growth in Malaysia," MPRA Paper 27964, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tang, Tuck Cheong, 2004. "Demand for broad money and expenditure components in Japan: an empirical study," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 487-502, December.
- Wai-Ching Poon, 2010. "A monetary policy rule: The augmented Monetary Conditions Index for Philippines using UECM and bounds tests," Monash Economics Working Papers 04-10, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Wong Keung-Wing & Habibullah Khan & Jun Du, 2006. "Money, Interest Rate and Stock Prices: New Evidence from Singapore and The United States," Departmental Working Papers wp0601, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Jorge Dresdner & Leonardo Letelier, 1997. "Cointegración de los Salarios Agregados en Chile: 1980-3-1995-3," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 34(101), pages 49-70.
- Dauda, Risikat Oladoyin S., 2011. "Effect of Public Educational Spending and Macroeconomic Uncertainty on Schooling Outcomes: Evidence from Nigeria," Journal of Economics, Finance and Administrative Science, Universidad ESAN, vol. 16(31), pages 7-21.
- Quinn, Terry & Mawdsley, Andrew, 1996. "Forecasting Irish Inflation: A Composite Leading Indicator," Research Technical Papers 4/RT/96, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Leonardo Letelier & Luis Figueroa, 1994. "Exportaciones, Orientación al Comercio y Crecimiento: Un Enfoque de Cointegración," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 31(94), pages 401-422.
- Tuck Cheong Tang, 2002. "Aggregate Import Demand Behavior For Indonesia: Evidence From The Bounds Testing Approach," IIUM Journal of Economics and Management, IIUM Journal of Economis and Management, vol. 10(2), pages 179-199, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jade Turvey).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.