Economy and Environmental Problems in the Mexican Coastal States
AbstractA canonical correspondence analysis (CCA) for environmental and economic variables was performed for 17 Mexican coastal states. The ordination method allowed us to identify three groups, namely hydroelectric energy generation (I), pollution (II) and harbours (III), which were associated to different human activities. Furthermore, CCA is efficient to help us generate hypotheses for future research. It is therefore advised that CCA should be used for routine analyses into economics.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by in its journal Economia Mexicana NUEVA EPOCA.
Volume (Year): XV (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (July-December)
Contact details of provider:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O13 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- L. F. Beltrán Morales & F. Garc�a-Rodr�guez & J. Borges Contreras & G. Sánchez-Mota & A. Ortega Rubio, 2003. "Environmental and socioeconomic multivariate analysis of the primary economic sector of Mexico," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(2), pages 77-83.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ricardo Tiscareño).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.