Detrending Methods for Macroeconomic Variables: A Comparative View Patterns in Neighboring Areas
AbstractThis paper considers different detrending methods and analyses the effects that they each have on the cyclical behaviour of economic time series. The detrending filters are then applied on U.S. and U.K. macroeconomic series and different criteria are used to indicate the performance of the filters and to see if any can be considered superior in their task.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cyprus Economic Society and University of Cyprus in its journal Ekonomia.
Volume (Year): 5 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 (Summer)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- E3 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Managing Editor).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.