Growth and Productivity in Cyprus Manufacturing Industries, 1977-1994 Patterns in Neighboring Areas
AbstractIn this paper we estimate output, input and total factor productivity growth indices for the Cyprus manufacturing sector during the period of 1977-1994. We also compare the Cyprus manufacturing industries with the manufacturing industries of advanced industrialized European Union countries in terms of output growth and its sources. We find that, in recent years, the output and productivity growth of some manufacturing industries in Cyprus has been substantially reduced, creating some concern about he ability if these industries to survive when Cyprus becomes a European Union member.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cyprus Economic Society and University of Cyprus in its journal Ekonomia.
Volume (Year): 3 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 (Winter)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O4 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maxoulis, Christos N. & Charalampous, Harris P. & Kalogirou, Soteris A., 2007. "Cyprus solar water heating cluster: A missed opportunity?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3302-3315, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Managing Editor).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.