Against Eurocentred Epistemologies: A Critique of Science, Realism and Economics
AbstractEconomics, as much as critical realism, is part of Enlargement based, Eurocentred, materialist ideology that has sanctioned the practices that have brought the (social and ecological) world to the near extinction in the twentieth century. It is time that the victims of this ideology: women, minorities, tribals, workers, etc. opted out of this crippling mind set and developed ideas and practices of their own contra the pretensions of ?science?and corporatism (whether capitalist or socialist) is neither a necessary nor a sufficient condition for human emancipation.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cyprus Economic Society and University of Cyprus in its journal Ekonomia.
Volume (Year): 1 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2 (Winter)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B40 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Rajani Kannepalli Kanth in Wikipedia (English)
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Managing Editor).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.