Macro-Governance aspects of monetary policy accomodation under varying regimes: An assessment using greek data
AbstractThis paper has a two-fold orientation: firstly, it examines the linkages and the time-series properties of a set of nominal and real macroeconomic variables in Greece, under different exchnage-rate systems and varying fiscal regimes. Secondly, it makes an effort to evaluate some macro-monetary policy had been used to accommodate foreign disturbances and fiscal policy chnages. Concerning the former, prices have played a central role between nominal and real variables while verifying evidence in inflation persistence. Regarding the latter, the central bank is primarly monetary-transmission mechanism. In principle, the monetary authorities appear to have engaged in accommodative,and to a lesser extent extent sterilisation, schemes of policy action, notwithstanding the clear tendency towards stsyematic control, thereby suggesting consistency with the conventional priors of policy-competence hypothesis.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cyprus Economic Society and University of Cyprus in its journal Ekonomia.
Volume (Year): 12 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (Summer)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C4 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- F0 - International Economics - - General
- H5 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Managing Editor).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.