The Spanish Housing Market: The Likely Effects on the Economy
AbstractThe Spanish housing boom has finally come to an end by the second half of 2007 and the change in the property cycle is under way. The future of the Spanish housing market is very difficult to forecast because uncertainties are great in the national and international markets. Despite so many predictions of a crash of the Spanish real estate market, the evidence available suggests a gradual adjustment of demand and supply. The aim of this paper is threefold: (1) to analyse the workings of the housing market in Spain and identify the determinants of the housing boom in the last decade; (2) to analyse the prospects of the housing sector; and (3) to discuss the likely effects on the economy as a whole of the current downturn in the housing market.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cyprus Economic Society and University of Cyprus in its journal Ekonomia.
Volume (Year): 10 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (Winter)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Managing Editor).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.