Smart specialization strategies: a territorial strategy for regions
AbstractThere is clear acknowledgment in the literature of the importance of developing regional innovation strategies to build to build competitiveness advantages. However the concept remains fuzzy in terms of its limits and contents applied to the territorial field. This paper aims to shed light on the contents a territorial strategy should include as well as on the main characteristics characteristics that present the development process of territorial strategies. Moreover, this paper analyses one concrete type of territorial strategy, which is currently being disseminated by the European Commission for regional development: the smart specialization strategy. In consequence, this paper analyses the aspects that remain under discussion and opened to a greater development and precision under the smart specialization concept.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Universidad del País Vasco - Instituto de Economía Aplicada a la Empresa (IEAE) in its journal Cuadernos de Gestión.
Volume (Year): 12 (2012)
Issue (Month): SI ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Instituto de Economía Aplicada a la Empresa Avda Lehendakari Aguirre 83 CP 48015 Bilbao (Vizcaya) Spain
Phone: + 34 94 601 3871
Fax: + 34 94 601 3710
Web page: http://www.ieae.ehu.es
More information through EDIRC
Postal: Instituto de Economía Aplicada a la Empresa, Revista Cuadernos de Gestión, Facultad de CC. Económicas y Empresariales, Universidad del País Vasco, Avda. Lehendakari Aguirre 83, 48015 Bilbao, Spain
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O21 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Planning Models; Planning Policy
- O38 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mikel Navarro Arancegui & Mari Jose Aranguren Querejeta & Edurne Magro Montero, . "Smart Specialisation Strategies: The Case of the Basque Country," Working Papers 2011R07, Basque Institute of Competitiveness.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alcira Macías Redondo).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.