Firm creation in universities: a resource based view
AbstractFirm creation is used by universities not only to transfer technology to society but also to contribute to the development of the regional economy. However, due to the relatively recent character of the phenomenon of the university spin-offs, the empirical studies are not plentiful on the topic. From a resource based view, this paper analyses what universities’ resources have an influence on the spin-off creation. We find that financial and institutional resources are significantly positively associated with university entrepreneurship
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Universidad del País Vasco - Instituto de Economía Aplicada a la Empresa (IEAE) in its journal Cuadernos de Gestión.
Volume (Year): 8 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Instituto de Economía Aplicada a la Empresa Avda Lehendakari Aguirre 83 CP 48015 Bilbao (Vizcaya) Spain
Phone: + 34 94 601 3871
Fax: + 34 94 601 3710
Web page: http://www.ieae.ehu.es
More information through EDIRC
Postal: Instituto de Economía Aplicada a la Empresa, Revista Cuadernos de Gestión, Facultad de CC. Económicas y Empresariales, Universidad del País Vasco, Avda. Lehendakari Aguirre 83, 48015 Bilbao, Spain
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
- G31 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Capital Budgeting; Fixed Investment and Inventory Studies
- H52 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Education
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- O34 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Intellectual Property Rights
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alcira Macías Redondo).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.