The Inflationary Effect of Price Increases in Oil Products in Turkey
AbstractIn this study, the inflationary effect of price increases in oil products was investigated for Turkey’s economy using monthly data for the period 1996 - 2009. According to the empirical evidence obtained from the study made with bounds testing approach developed by Pesaran et al. (2001), co-integration relationship between the variables have been determined. Accordingly, in the long-term analysis, inflationary effect of price increases of oil products was found positive and statistically significant in line with theoretical expectations. In its short-term analysis, coefficient of the error correction term was found statistically significant and negative. Therefore, deviations occured between the variables converge to long-term equilibrium level.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Ege University Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences in its journal Ege Academic Review.
Volume (Year): 11 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Oil product prices; crude oil prices; bounds testing approach; Turkey;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- L70 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - General
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tatom, John A., 1988. "Are the macroeconomic effects of oil-price changes symmetric?," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 325-368, January.
- Kamas, Linda & Joyce, Joseph P., 1993. "Money, income and prices under fixed exchange rates: Evidence from causality tests and VARs," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 747-768.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan & Russell Smyth, 2006. "What Determines Migration Flows From Low-Income To High-Income Countries? An Empirical Investigation Of Fiji-U.S. Migration 1972-2001," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 24(2), pages 332-342, 04.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Baris Gök).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.