Modelo de cálculo de capital económico por riesgo de crédito para portafolios de créditos a personas físicas
AbstractThis paper discusses a new methodology to estimate the economic capital by credit risk for a retail portfolio based on the general concepts of copula and dependence measures as well as some core results of the Extreme Value Theory (EVT). The superiority of the proposed approach over the traditional estimation techniques is demonstrated in the application of Elliptical Generalized copulas and Grouped copulas of the t Student type to model the dependence structure of the risk parameters PD, EAD and LGD. Furthermore, the POT method is used to analyze the extreme losses behavior.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Ciudad de México in its journal Revista de Administración, Finanzas y Economía (Journal of Management, Finance and Economics).
Volume (Year): 2 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Capital Económico; Riesgo de Crédito; Cópulas; Valores Extremos;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C16 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Econometric and Statistical Methods; Specific Distributions
- Y - Miscellaneous Categories
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (José Antonio Núñez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.