The Neo-Pasinetti Theorem in Cambridge and Kaleckian Models of Growth and Distribution
AbstractKaldor's neo-Pasinetti theorem is examined in an economy where the rate of profit adjusts to higher effective demand through increases in the rate of capacity utilization rather than through increases in the margin of profit. A Tobinian investment function, where investment responds to the valuation ratio, is then introduced along with Kaleckian elements, investment depending also on the rate of utilization. It is shown that in such a modified model, the Keynesian-Kaleckian results are quite robust.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Eastern Economic Association in its journal Eastern Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 24 (1998)
Issue (Month): 4 (Fall)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: c/o Dr. Alexandre Olbrecht, The Anisfield School of Business 205, Ramapo College, 505 Ramapo Valley Road, Ramapo, New Jersey 07430, USA
Phone: (201) 684-7346
Web page: http://www.ramapo.edu/eea/journal.html
More information through EDIRC
Distribution; Growth; Profits;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E13 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Neoclassical
- O41 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
- D33 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Factor Income Distribution
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eckhard Hein & Marc Lavoie & Till van Treeck, 2008.
"Some instability puzzles in Kaleckian models of growth and distribution: A critical survey,"
IMK Working Paper
19-2008, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Eckhard Hein & Marc Lavoie & Till van Treeck, 2011. "Some instability puzzles in Kaleckian models of growth and distribution: a critical survey," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(3), pages 587-612.
- Marc Lavoie & Wynne Godley, 2000.
"Kaleckian Models of Growth in a Stock-Flow Monetary Framework: A Neo-Kaldorian Model,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_302, Levy Economics Institute, The.
- Marc Lavoie & Wynne Godley, 2000. "Kaleckian Models of Growth in a Stock-Flow Monetary Framework: A Neo-Kaldorian Model," Macroeconomics 0004049, EconWPA.
- Eckhard Hein, 2009. "A (Post-) Keynesian perspective on "financialisation"," IMK Studies 01-2009, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Eckhard Hein, 2010.
"Shareholder Value Orientation, Distribution And Growth-Short- And Medium-Run Effects In A Kaleckian Model,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 302-332, 05.
- Eckhard Hein, 2008. "Shareholder value orientation, distribution and growth – short- and medium-run effects in a Kaleckian model," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp120, Vienna University of Economics, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson, College of the Holy Cross).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.