Uneven Development in Alternative Models of North-South Trade
AbstractThis paper develops a general framework in the form of an underdetermined model in which alternative models of North-South trade and development can be looked upon as providing alternative "closures." Several such models, drawing on neoclassical, neo-Marxian, neo-Keynesian, neo-Kaleckian, and other approaches, are examined and compared to models in the existing North-South literature. The implications of these models for uneven development patterns and long-run changes in the North-South terms of trade are examined.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Eastern Economic Association in its journal Eastern Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 15 (1989)
Issue (Month): 2 (Apr-Jun)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: c/o Dr. Alexandre Olbrecht, The Anisfield School of Business 205, Ramapo College, 505 Ramapo Valley Road, Ramapo, New Jersey 07430, USA
Phone: (201) 684-7346
Web page: http://www.ramapo.edu/eea/journal.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dutt, Amitava Krishna, 1986. "Vertical trading and uneven development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 339-359, March.
- Omar S. Dahi & Firat Demir, 2013.
"Preferential trade agreements and manufactured goods exports: does it matter whom you PTA with?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(34), pages 4754-4772, December.
- Demir, Firat & Dahi, Omar S., 2012. "Preferential Trade Agreements and Manufactured Goods Exports: Does It Matter Whom You PTA With?," MPRA Paper 37396, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Blecker, Robert A., 1996. "The new economic integration: Structuralist models of North-South trade and investment liberalization," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 321-345, September.
- William Darity & Lewis S. Davis, 2005. "Growth, trade and uneven development," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(1), pages 141-170, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson, College of the Holy Cross).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.